AMENDED AND RESTATED
CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
EXPRESS SCRIPTS, INC.
FIRST: The name of the Corporation is Express Scripts, Inc. (hereinafter the “Corporation”).
SECOND: The address of the registered office of the Corporation in the State of Delaware is 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington, County of New Castle, 19808. The name of its registered agent at that address is Corporation Service Company.
THIRD: The purpose of the Corporation is to engage in any lawful act or activity for which a corporation may be organized under the General Corporation Law of the State of Delaware as set forth in Title 8 of the Delaware Code (the “GCL”).
FOURTH: The total number of shares of stock which the Corporation shall have authority to issue is 100 shares of Common Stock, having a par value of $0.01 per share.
FIFTH: The following provisions are inserted for the management of the business and the conduct of the affairs of the Corporation, and for further definition, limitation and regulation of the powers of the Corporation and of its directors and stockholders:
(1) The business and affairs of the Corporation shall be managed by or under the direction of the Board of Directors.
(2) The directors shall have concurrent power with the stockholders to make, alter, amend, change, add to or repeal the By-Laws of the Corporation.
(3) The number of directors of the Corporation shall be as from time to time fixed by, or in the manner provided in, the By-Laws of the Corporation. Election of directors need not be by written ballot unless the By-Laws so provide.
(4) The Corporation shall indemnify to the fullest extent permitted by Section 145 of the GCL as amended from time to time each person who is or was a director or officer of the Corporation and the heirs, executors and administrators of such a person.
(5) No director shall be personally liable to the Corporation or its stockholders for monetary damages for breach of fiduciary duty as a director for any act or omission, except that he may be liable (i) for any breach of the director’s duty of loyalty to the Corporation or its stockholders, (ii) for acts or omissions not in good faith or which involve intentional misconduct or a knowing violation of law,
(iii) under Section 174 of the GCL or (iv) for any transaction from which the director derived an improper personal benefit. Neither the amendment nor repeal of this Article Fifth (5), nor the adoption of any provision of the Certificate of Incorporation inconsistent with this Article Fifth (5), shall eliminate or reduce the effect of this Article Fifth (5) in respect of any matter occurring, or any cause of action, suit or claim that, but for this Article Fifth (5), would accrue or arise, prior to such amendment, repeal or adoption of an inconsistent provision.
(6) In addition to the powers and authority hereinbefore or by statute expressly conferred upon them, the directors are hereby empowered to exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may be exercised or done by the Corporation, subject, nevertheless, to the provisions of the GCL, this Certificate of Incorporation, and any By-Laws adopted by the stockholders; provided, however, that no By-Laws hereafter adopted by the stockholders shall invalidate any prior act of the directors which would have been valid if such By-Laws had not been adopted.
SIXTH: Meetings of stockholders may be held within or without the State of Delaware, as the By-Laws may provide. The books of the Corporation may be kept (subject to any provision contained in the GCL) outside the State of Delaware at such place or places as may be designated from time to time by the Board of Directors or in the By-Laws of the Corporation.
SEVENTH: The Corporation reserves the right to amend, alter, change or repeal any provision contained in this Certificate of Incorporation, in the manner now or hereafter prescribed by statute, and all rights conferred upon stockholders herein are granted subject to this reservation.
[As Filed: 04-02-2012]