TALK AMERICA HOLDINGS, INC. 2005 INCENTIVE PLAN
1. Definitions. In this Plan, except where the context otherwise indicates, the following definitions shall apply:
1.1 “Agreement” means a written agreement or other document evidencing an Award, which shall be in such form as may be specified by the Committee and may, but need not be, signed by a Participant, as determined by the Committee in its discretion.
1.2 “Award” means a grant pursuant to the provisions of this Plan of an Option, Right, Restricted Stock, Restricted Stock Unit or Performance Award.
1.3 “Board” means the Board of Directors of the Company.
1.4 “Code” means the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
1.5 “Committee” means the committee(s), subcommittee(s), or person(s) the Board appoints to administer this Plan or to make or administer specific Awards hereunder. If no appointment is in effect at any time, “Committee” means the Compensation Committee of the Board. Notwithstanding the foregoing, “Committee” means the Board for purposes of granting Awards to Non-Employee Directors and administering this Plan with respect to those Awards, unless the Board determines otherwise.
1.6 “Common Stock” means the common stock, par value $.01 per share, of the Company.
1.7 “Company” means Talk America Holdings, Inc. and any successor thereto
1.8 “Date of Exercise” means the date on which the Company receives notice of the exercise of an Option or Right in accordance with the terms of Section 8.1.
1.9 “Date of Grant” means the date on which an Award is granted under this Plan.
1.10 “Effective Date” shall mean July 25, 2005, the date this Plan is effective.
1.11 “ Eligible Person” means any person who is an Employee, hired to be an Employee, a Non-Employee Director, or a consultant or independent contractor to the Company or a Subsidiary.
1.12 “Employee” means any person determined by the Committee to be an employee of the Company or a Subsidiary.
1.13 “Fair Market Value” as of any date means an amount equal to the last sale price for a Share on the Nasdaq National Market, or such securities exchange or other automated dealer quotation system that is the principal market for the Common Stock, as reported for such date by such source as the Committee may select, or, if such price quotations of the Common Stock are not then reported, then the fair market value of a Share as determined by the Committee pursuant to a reasonable method adopted in good faith for such purpose.
1.14 “Incentive Stock Option” means an Option granted under this Plan that the Company designates as an incentive stock option under Section 422 of the Code.
1.15 “Non-Employee Director” means any member of the Board who is not an Employee.
1.16 “Nonstatutory Stock Option” means an Option granted under this Plan that is not an Incentive Stock Option or an Incentive Stock Option that has ceased to satisfy the requirements for treatment as an “incentive stock option” under Section 422 of the Code.
1.17 “Option” means an option to purchase Shares granted under this Plan in accordance with the terms of Section 6.
1.18 “Option Period” means, with respect to an Option, the period during which such Option may be exercised.
1.19 “Option Price” means, with respect to an Option, the price per Share at which such option may be exercised. Subject to the terms of the Plan, the Option Price shall be determined by the Committee; provided, however, that in no event shall the Option Price be less than the greater of 100% of the Fair Market Value as of the Date of Grant and the par value of the Common Stock, and provided further that the Option Price, in the case of an Incentive Stock Option granted to an Employee who, on the Date of Grant is a Ten-Percent Stockholder, shall not be less than one hundred and ten percent (110%) of the Fair Market Value on the Date of Grant.
1.20 “Participant” means an Eligible Person to whom an Award has been granted hereunder.
1.21 “Performance Award” means a performance award granted under this Plan in accordance with the terms of Section 11.
1.22 “Performance Goals” means performance goals established by the Committee, which may be based on satisfactory internal or external audits, achievement of balance sheet or income statement objectives, cash flow, customer satisfaction metrics and achievement of customer satisfaction goals, dividend payments, earnings (including before or after taxes, interest, depreciation, and amortization), earnings growth, earnings per share; economic value added, expenses, cost reductions, improvement of financial ratings, internal rate of return, market share, net asset value, net income, net operating gross margin, net operating profit after taxes (“NOPAT”), net sales growth, NOPAT growth, operating income, operating margin, comparisons to the performance of other companies, pro forma income, regulatory compliance, return measures (including return on assets, designated assets, capital, committed capital, net capital employed, equity, sales, or stockholder equity, and return versus the Company’s cost of capital), revenues, sales, stock price (including growth measures and total stockholder return), comparison to stock market indices, implementation or completion of one or more projects or transactions, working capital, or any other objective goals established by the Committee, and may be absolute in their terms or measured against or in relationship to other companies comparably, similarly or otherwise situated. Such performance standards may be particular to an Eligible Person or the department, unit, team, branch, Subsidiary or division in which the Eligible Person works, or may be based on the performance of the Company, one or more Subsidiaries or the Company and one or more Subsidiaries, and may cover such period as may be specified by the Committee.
1.23 “Plan” means the Talk America Holdings, Inc. 2005 Incentive Plan, as amended from time to time.
1.24 “Related Option” means an Option in connection with which, or by amendment to which, a Right is granted.
1.25 “Related Right” means a Right granted in connection with, or by amendment to, an Option.
1.26 “Restricted Stock” means Shares granted under the Plan pursuant to the provisions of Section 9.
1.27 “Restricted Stock Units” means an award providing for the contingent grant of Shares (or the cash equivalent thereof) pursuant to the provisions of Section 10.
1.28 “Right” means a stock appreciation right granted under the Plan in accordance with the terms of Section 7.
1.29 “Right Period” means, as to any Right, the period during which such Right may be exercised.
1.30 “Section 422 Employee” means an Employee who is employed by the Company or a “parent corporation” or “subsidiary corporation” (both as defined in Sections 424(e) and (f) of the Code) with respect to the Company.
1.31 “Share” means a share of Common Stock.
1.32 “Subsidiary” means a corporation, partnership, business trust, limited liability company or other form of business organization at least 50% of the total combined voting power of all classes of stock or other equity interests of which is owned by the Company, either directly or through one or more other Subsidiaries.
1.33 “Ten-Percent Stockholder” means a Section 422 Employee who (applying the rules of Section 424(d) of the Code) owns stock possessing more than 10% of the total combined voting power of all classes of stock of the Company or a “parent corporation” or “subsidiary corporation” (both as defined in Sections 424(e) and (f) of the Code) with respect to the Company.
Unless the context expressly requires the contrary, references in this Plan to (a) the term “Section” refers to the sections of this Plan, and (b) the word “including” means “including (without limitation).”
2. Purpose. This Plan is intended to assist the Company and its Subsidiaries in attracting and retaining Eligible Persons of outstanding ability and to promote the identification of their interests with those of the stockholders of the Company.
3. Administration. The Committee shall administer this Plan and shall have plenary authority, in its discretion, to grant Awards to Eligible Persons, subject to the provisions of this Plan. The Committee shall have plenary authority and discretion, subject to the provisions of this Plan, to determine the Eligible Persons to whom Awards shall be granted, the terms (which terms need not be identical) of all Awards, including the Option Price of Options, the time or times at which Awards are granted, the number of Shares covered by Awards, whether an Option shall be an Incentive Stock Option or a Nonstatutory Stock Option, any exceptions to non-transferability, any Performance Goals applicable to Awards, any provisions relating to vesting, any circumstances in which the Options would terminate, the period during which Options and Rights may be exercised, and the period during which Restricted Stock shall be subject to restrictions. In making these determinations, the Committee may take into account the nature of the services rendered or to be rendered by Award recipients, their present and potential contributions to the success of the Company and its Subsidiaries, and such other factors as the Committee in its discretion shall deem relevant. Subject to the provisions of this Plan, the Committee shall have plenary authority to interpret this Plan and any Agreements, prescribe, amend and rescind rules and regulations relating to them, and make all other determinations deemed necessary or advisable for the administration of this Plan and Awards granted hereunder. The Committee may correct any defect, supply any omission or reconcile any inconsistency in the Plan or any Award in the manner and to the extent it shall deem desirable to carry it into effect. In the event that the Company shall assume outstanding employee benefit awards or the right or obligation to make future such awards in connection with the acquisition of or combination with another corporation or business entity, the Committee may, in its discretion, make such adjustments in the terms of Awards under the Plan as it shall deem appropriate. The determinations of the Committee on the matters referred to in this Section 3 shall be binding and final.
4. Eligibility. Awards may be granted only to Eligible Persons, provided that Incentive Stock Options may only be granted to Eligible Persons who are Section 422 Employees. An Eligible Person who has been granted an Award may be granted additional Awards of the same kind or any other kinds hereunder.
5. Stock Subject to Plan.
5.1 Subject to adjustment as provided in Section 13, the maximum number of Shares that may be issued under this Plan is 2,000,000 Shares, plus the number of Shares, if any, delivered to the Company as payment of the Option Price of Options. Shares issued under this Plan may, in whole or in part, be authorized but unissued Shares or Shares that shall have been, or may be, reacquired by the Company in the open market, in private transactions, or otherwise. The number of Shares authorized for issuance under this Plan shall be decreased by two Shares for each Share issued pursuant to Awards that are not Options or Rights (any Awards that are not Options or Rights being “Full Value Awards”).
5.2 Subject to adjustment as provided in Section 13, the maximum number of Shares with respect to which an Employee may be granted Awards under this Plan during any calendar year is 750,000 Shares. The maximum number of Shares with respect to which an Employee has been granted Awards shall be determined in accordance with Section 162(m) of the Code.
5.3 If shares of Restricted Stock are forfeited, or if an Award otherwise terminates, expires or is surrendered or settled without all or a portion of the Shares covered by the Award being issued (including Shares not issued in order to satisfy withholding taxes), the forfeited or unissued Shares under the terminated, expired, surrendered or settled Award shall again be available for the grant of Awards under this Plan. In the case of Full Value Awards, the number of Shares that again become available for the grant of Awards under this Plan shall reflect the last sentence of Section 5.1, so that, by way of example, if ten shares of Restricted Stock are forfeited, twenty Shares shall again be available for the grant of Awards, subject to the last sentence of Section 5.1.
6.1 Options granted under this Plan shall be either Incentive Stock Options or Nonstatutory Stock Options, as designated by the Committee, provided that Incentive Stock Options may only be granted to persons who are Section 422 Employees on the Date of Grant. Each Option granted under this Plan shall be identified either as a Nonstatutory Stock Option or an Incentive Stock Option and shall be evidenced by an Agreement that specifies the terms and conditions of the Option. Options shall be subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Section 6 and such other terms and conditions not inconsistent with this Plan as the Committee may specify. The Committee may, in its discretion, condition the grant or vesting of an Option upon the achievement of one or more specified Performance Goals.
6.2 The Option Period shall be determined by the Committee and specifically set forth in the Agreement; provided, however, that an Option shall not be exercisable after ten years (five years in the case of an Incentive Stock Option granted to an Employee who on the Date of Grant is a Ten-Percent Stockholder) from its Date of Grant.
6.3 The Committee, in its discretion, may provide in an Agreement for the right of a Participant to surrender to the Company an Option (or a portion thereof) that has become exercisable and to receive upon such surrender, without any payment to the Company (other than required tax withholding amounts) that number of Shares (equal to the highest whole number of Shares) having an aggregate Fair Market Value as of the date of surrender equal to that number of Shares subject to the Option (or portion thereof) being surrendered multiplied by an amount equal to the excess of (i) the Fair Market Value on the date of surrender over (ii) the Option Price, plus an amount of cash equal to the Fair Market Value of any fractional Share to which the Participant would be entitled but for the parenthetical above relating to whole number of Shares. Any such surrender shall be treated as the exercise of the Option (or portion thereof).
7.1 Rights granted under the Plan shall be evidenced by an Agreement specifying the terms and conditions of the Award.
7.2 A Right may be granted under the Plan:
(a) in connection with, and at the same time as, the grant of an Option under the Plan;
(b) by amendment of an outstanding Option granted under the Plan; or
(c) independently of any Option granted under the Plan.
7.3 A Right granted under Section 7.2(a) or Section 7.2(b) of this Plan is a Related Right. A Related Right may, in the Board’s or Committee’s discretion, apply to all or any portion of the Shares subject to the Related Option.
7.4 A Right may be exercised in whole or in part as provided in the applicable Agreement, and, subject to the terms of the Agreement, entitles a Participant to receive, without payment to the Company (but subject to required tax withholding), either cash or that number of Shares (equal to the highest whole number of Shares), or a combination thereof, in an amount or having an aggregate Fair Market Value determined as of the Date of Exercise not to exceed the number of Shares subject to the portion of the Right exercised multiplied by an amount equal to the excess of (i) the Fair Market Value on the Date of Exercise of the Right over (ii) either (A) the Fair Market Value on the Date of Grant (or such amount in excess of such Fair Market Value as may be specified by the Committee) of the Right if it is not a Related Right, or (B) the Option Price as provided in the Related Option if the Right is a Related Right.
7.5 The Right Period shall be determined by the Committee and specifically set forth in the Agreement, provided that (a) a Right will expire no later than the earlier of (1) ten years from the Date of Grant, or (2) in the case of a Related Right, the expiration of the Related Option; and (b) a Right that is a Related Right to an Incentive Stock Option may be exercised only when and to the extent the Related Option is exercisable.
7.6 The exercise, in whole or in part, of a Related Right shall cause a reduction in the number of Shares subject to the Related Option equal to the number of Shares with respect to which the Related Right is exercised. Similarly, the exercise, in whole or in part, of a Related Option shall cause a reduction in the number of Shares subject to the Related Right equal to the number of Shares with respect to which the Related Option is exercised.
8. Exercise of Options and Rights. An Option or Right may, subject to the terms of the applicable Agreement evidencing the Award, be exercised in whole or in part by the delivery to the Company of written notice of the exercise, in such form as the Committee may prescribe, accompanied, in the case of an Option, by (a) a full payment for the Shares with respect to which the Option is exercised or (b) irrevocable instructions to a broker to deliver promptly to the Company cash equal to the exercise price of the Option. To the extent provided in the applicable Agreement, payment may be made in whole or in part by delivery (including constructive delivery) of Shares (provided that such Shares, if acquired pursuant to an option or other award granted hereunder or under any other compensation plan maintained by the Company or any Subsidiary, have been held by the Participant for such period, if any, as the Committee may specify) valued at Fair Market Value on the Date of Exercise.
9. Restricted Stock Awards.
9.1 Restricted Stock granted under this Plan shall consist of Shares that are restricted as to transfer, subject to forfeiture, and subject to such other terms and conditions as may be determined by the Committee. Such terms and conditions may provide, in the discretion of the Committee, for the lapse of such transfer restrictions or forfeiture provisions to be contingent upon the achievement of one or more specified Performance Goals.
9.2 Each grant of Restricted Stock under this Plan shall be evidenced by an Agreement specifying the terms and conditions of the Award. Each Agreement evidencing an Award of Restricted Stock shall contain the following:
(a) a requirement that each certificate representing Shares of Restricted Stock shall be deposited with the Company, or its designee, and shall bear the following legend:
“This certificate and the shares of stock represented hereby are subject to the terms and conditions (including the risks of forfeiture and restrictions against transfer) contained in the Talk America Holdings, Inc. 2005 Incentive Plan, and an Agreement entered into between the registered owner and Talk America Holdings, Inc. Release from such terms and conditions shall be made only in accordance with the provisions of the above-referenced 2005 Incentive Plan and Agreement, a copy of each of which is on file in the office of the Secretary of Talk America Holdings, Inc.”; and
(b) the terms and conditions upon which any restrictions applicable to shares of Restricted Stock shall lapse and new certificates free of the foregoing legend shall be issued to the Participant or his or her legal representative.
9.3 The Committee may include in any Agreement evidencing a Restricted Stock Award a requirement that, in the event of a Participant’s termination of employment for any reason prior to the lapse of restrictions, all shares of Restricted Stock shall be forfeited by the Participant to the Company without payment of any consideration by the Company and neither the Participant nor any successors, heirs, assigns or personal representatives of the Participant shall thereafter have any further rights or interest in the Shares or certificates.
10. Restricted Stock Unit Awards. Each grant of Restricted Stock Units under this Plan shall be evidenced by an Agreement that: (a) provides for the issuance of Shares to a Participant at such time(s) as the Committee may specify and (b) contains such other terms and conditions as the Committee may specify, including terms that condition the issuance of Shares upon the achievement of one or more Performance Goals.
11. Performance Awards. Each Performance Award granted under this Plan shall (a) provide for the payment of cash, Shares, other property or any combination thereof contingent upon the attainment of one or more specified Performance Goals over such period as the Committee may specify, and (b) be subject to such other terms and conditions as the Committee may specify. The Performance Goals to be achieved for each period and the amount of the Award to be distributed shall be conclusively determined by the Committee. For purposes of Section 5.2, a Performance Award shall be deemed to cover a number of Shares equal to the maximum number of Shares that may be issued upon payment of the Award if the terms of the Award provide for payment in the form of Shares. The maximum cash amount payable to any Employee pursuant to all Performance Awards granted to an Employee during a calendar year is $2,500,000.
12. Dividends and Dividend Equivalents. The terms of an Award may, subject to such terms and conditions as the Committee may specify, provide a Participant with the right to receive dividend payments or dividend equivalent payments with respect to Shares covered by the Award, which payments may be either made currently or credited to an account established for the Participant, and may be settled in cash or Shares, as determined by the Committee.
13. Capital Events and Adjustments.
13.1 In the event of any merger, reorganization, consolidation, recapitalization, stock dividend, stock split, reverse stock split, spin-off or similar transaction or other change in corporate structure affecting the Shares, such adjustments and other substitutions shall be made to the Plan and to Awards as the Committee, in its sole discretion, deems equitable or appropriate, including, without limitation, such adjustments in the aggregate number, class and kind of securities that may be delivered under the Plan, in the aggregate or to any one Participant, in the number, class, kind and option or exercise price of securities subject to outstanding Awards granted under the Plan (including, if the Committee deems appropriate, the substitution of similar options to purchase the shares of, or other awards denominated in the shares of, another company) as the Committee may determine to be appropriate in its sole discretion; provided, however, that the number of Shares subject to any Award shall always be a whole number and further provided that in no event may any change be made to an Incentive Stock Option that would constitute a modification within the meaning of Section 424(h)(3) of the Code.
13.2 Any provision of this Plan or any Agreement to the contrary notwithstanding, in the event of a merger or consolidation to which the Company is a party, the Committee shall take such actions, if any, as it deems necessary or appropriate to prevent the enlargement or diminishment of Participants’ rights under this Plan and Awards granted hereunder, and may, in its discretion, cause any Award granted hereunder to be canceled in consideration of a cash payment equal to the fair value of the canceled Award, as determined by the Committee in its discretion. Unless the Committee determines otherwise, the fair value of an Option shall be deemed to be equal to the product of (a) the number of shares the Option covers (and has not previously been exercised) and (b) the excess, if any, of the Fair Market Value of a Share as of the date of cancellation over the Option Price of the Option.
14. Termination or Amendment. The Board may amend, alter, suspend, discontinue or terminate the Plan or any portion thereof at any time; provided, however, that no such amendment, alteration, suspension, discontinuation or termination shall be made without (a) stockholder approval if such approval is necessary to qualify for or comply with any tax or regulatory requirement for which or with which the Board deems it necessary or desirable to qualify or comply, (b) the consent of the affected Participant, if such action would materially impair the rights of such Participant under any outstanding Award or (c) approval of the Company’s stockholders (by such vote thereof as may be required by applicable law or regulations or the requirements of the principal exchange or interdealer quotation system on which the Common Stock is listed or quoted, if any) with respect to any alteration or amendment to the Plan, except amendments and alterations pursuant to Section 13.1, that increases the maximum number of shares of Common Stock that may be issued under the Plan or the number of shares of such stock that may be covered by Awards granted to any one Participant during a calendar year, extends the term of the Plan or of Options or Rights granted thereunder, changes the eligibility criteria in Section 4, or reduces the Option Price below that now provided for in the Plan.
The Committee may amend the terms of any Award theretofore granted, prospectively or retroactively, but no such amendment shall (a) materially impair the rights of any Participant without his or her consent or (b) reduce the exercise price of outstanding Options or Rights or cancel or amend outstanding Options or Rights for the purpose of repricing, replacing or regranting such Options or Rights with an exercise price that is less than the exercise price of the original Options or Rights without stockholder approval. Any change or adjustment to an outstanding Incentive Stock Option shall not, without the consent of the Participant, be made in a manner so as to constitute a “modification” that would cause such Incentive Stock Option to fail to continue to qualify as an Incentive Stock Option. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any adjustments made pursuant to Section 13.1 shall not be subject to these restrictions.
15. Substitution. Anything contained herein to the contrary notwithstanding, Awards may, at the discretion of the Committee, be granted under this Plan in substitution for stock options and other awards covering capital stock of another corporation that is merged into, consolidated with, or all or a substantial portion of the property or stock of which is acquired by, the Company or one of its Subsidiaries. The terms and conditions of the substitute Awards so granted may vary from the terms and conditions set forth in this Plan to such extent as the Committee may deem appropriate in order to conform, in whole or part, to the provisions of the Awards in substitution for which they are granted. Such substitute Awards granted hereunder shall not be counted toward the Share limit imposed by Section 5.1(b), except to the extent it is determined by the Committee that counting such Awards is required in order for Awards granted hereunder to be eligible to qualify as “performance-based compensation” within the meaning of Section 162(m) of the Code.
16. Effectiveness of this Plan. This Plan and any amendments hereto requiring stockholder approval pursuant to Section 14 are subject to approval by vote of the stockholders of the Company at the next annual or special meeting of stockholders following adoption by the Board.
17. Withholding. The Company’s obligation to issue or deliver Shares or pay any amount pursuant to the terms of any Award granted hereunder shall be subject to satisfaction of applicable federal, state and local tax withholding requirements. To the extent provided in the applicable Agreement and in accordance with rules prescribed by the Committee, a Participant may satisfy any such withholding tax obligation by any of the following means or by a combination of such means: (i) tendering a cash payment, (ii) authorizing the Company to withhold Shares otherwise issuable to the Participant, or (iii) delivering to the Company already-owned and unencumbered Shares.
18. Term of this Plan. Unless sooner terminated by the Board pursuant to Section 14, this Plan shall terminate on the tenth anniversary of the Effective Date, and no Awards may be granted or awarded after such date. The termination of this Plan shall not affect the validity of any Award outstanding on the date of termination.
19. Indemnification of Committee. In addition to such other rights of indemnification as they may have as Directors or as members of the Committee, the members of the Committee shall be indemnified by the Company against all reasonable expenses, including attorneys’ fees, actually and reasonably incurred in connection with the defense of any action, suit or proceeding, or in connection with any appeal therein, to which they or any of them may be a party by reason of any action taken or failure to act under or in connection with this Plan or any Award granted or awarded hereunder, and against all amounts reasonably paid by them in settlement thereof or paid by them in satisfaction of a judgment in any such action, suit or proceeding, if such members acted in good faith and in a manner which they believed to be in, and not opposed to, the best interests of the Company.
20. General Provisions.
20.1 No person, including any Eligible Person, shall have any right to be selected to receive any Award grant under this Plan or, having been so selected, to be selected to receive any future Award grant, and there is no obligation for uniformity of treatment of Employees or Participants under the Plan. Neither an Award nor any benefits arising out of this Plan shall constitute part of a Participant’s employment or service contract with the Company or any Subsidiary and, accordingly, this Plan and the benefits hereunder may be terminated at any time in the sole and exclusive discretion of the Company without giving rise to liability on the part of the Company or any Subsidiary for severance payments. The establishment of this Plan shall not confer upon any person, including any Eligible Person, any legal or equitable right against the Company, any Subsidiary, the Board or the Committee, except as expressly provided in this Plan. The prospective recipient of any Award under the Plan shall not, with respect to such Award, be deemed to have become a Participant, or to have any rights with respect to such Award, until and unless such recipient shall have accepted an Agreement or other instrument evidencing the Award.
20.2 Nothing in the Plan or any Award granted under the Plan shall be deemed to constitute an employment or service contract or confer or be deemed to confer on any person, including any Eligible Person and any Participant, any right to continue in the employ or service of, or to continue any other relationship with, the Company or any Subsidiary or limit in any way the right of the Company or any Subsidiary to terminate an Eligible Person’s or Participant’s employment or service at any time, with or without cause.
20.3 Neither the adoption of this Plan nor its submission to the Company’s stockholders shall be taken to impose any limitations on the powers of the Company or its Subsidiaries to issue, grant, or assume options, warrants, rights, or restricted stock, or other awards otherwise than under this Plan, or to adopt other stock option, restricted stock or other plans or to impose any requirement of stockholder approval upon the same.
20.4 The interests of any person, including any Eligible Person, under this Plan are not subject to the claims of creditors. No Award may be sold, pledged, assigned, hypothecated, transferred, or disposed of in any manner other than by will or by the laws of descent or distribution and may be exercised, during the lifetime of the person to whom the Award was granted, only by such person; provided that the Committee, in its sole discretion, may permit additional transferability, on a general or specific basis, and may impose conditions and limitations on any permitted transferability.
20.5 This Plan shall be governed, construed and
administered in accordance with the laws of the State of
20.6 The Committee may require each person acquiring Shares pursuant to Awards granted hereunder to represent to and agree with the Company in writing that such person is acquiring the Shares without a view to distribution thereof. The certificates for such Shares may include any legend which the Committee deems appropriate to reflect any restrictions on transfer. All certificates for Shares issued pursuant to this Plan shall be subject to such stock transfer orders and other restrictions as the Committee may deem advisable under the rules, regulations and other requirements of the Securities and Exchange Commission, any stock exchange upon which the Common Stock is then listed or interdealer quotation system upon which the Common Stock is then quoted, and any applicable federal or state securities laws. The Committee may place a legend or legends on any such certificates to make appropriate reference to such restrictions.
20.7 The Company shall not be required to issue any certificate or certificates for Shares with respect to Awards granted under this Plan, or record any person as a holder of record of such Shares, without obtaining, to the complete satisfaction of the Committee, the approval of all regulatory bodies deemed necessary by the Committee, and without complying to the Board’s or Committee’s complete satisfaction, with all rules and regulations, under federal, state or local law deemed applicable by the Committee.
20.8 To the extent that this Plan provides for issuance of stock certificates to reflect the issuance of Shares, the issuance may be effected on a noncertificated basis, to the extent not prohibited by applicable law or the rules of any stock exchange or automated dealer quotation system on which the Shares are traded. No fractional Shares shall be issued or delivered pursuant to this Plan or any Award. The Committee shall determine whether cash, other Awards, or other property shall be issued or paid in lieu of any fractional Shares or whether any fractional Shares or any rights thereto shall be forfeited or otherwise eliminated.